ince becoming a Defense Attorney in 1993, Mr. Weaver has worked for four law firms, including running The Law Office of Thomas E. Weaver starting in 2005. In each firm, his responsibilities were primarily to handle a full caseload of criminal cases, including felonies, misdemeanors, juveniles, dependencies and terminations, and appeals. He has personally handled, as either sole or lead counsel, thousands of criminal cases, including approximately 300 that were resolved by jury trials. Those jury trials have included at least seven homicides and scores of child rape and child molestation allegations. Other trials have included rape, arson, assault with a deadly weapon, domestic violence, kidnapping, robbery, burglary, theft, drug delivery, drug possession, firearm offenses, DUI, and other traffic offenses. He has also handled approximately 350 appeals that have resulted in over 50 published cases covering almost all areas of criminal law. He has also handled approximately 50 civil cases, including two personal injury car accident cases that went to trial.
Tom Weaver, Criminal Defense Attorney, provides expert defense in Kitsap, Pierce, Mason, Thurston counties.
(360) 792-9345 | Tom Weaver Law
Member of Washington State Bar in good standing since May 24, 1993. No. 22488.
Member of United States Supreme Court Bar, Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals Bar, Federal District Court of Western Washington Bar, and Suquamish Tribal Bar.
Qualified by the Washington Supreme Court Capital Counsel Panel to handle capital cases. See http://www.courts.wa.gov/appellate_trial_courts/supreme/clerks.
- The Law Office of Thomas E. Weaver. Bremerton, WA. April 2005 to present.
- The Law Office of Wecker and Hunko. Port Orchard, WA. September 1998 to March 2005.
- The Law Office of Barker and Howard. Wenatchee, WA. October 1995 to September 1998.
- The Law Office of Scot D. Stuart. Okanogan, WA. June 1993 to October 1995.
- The Law Office of Barbara A. Bowden. Tacoma, WA. Legal intern. June 1992 to June 1993.
- The Public Defender. Seattle, WA. Legal intern. 1991.
- Public Defender Service, Washington, D.C. Investigator of serious felony offenses. Summer 1989.
- University of Puget Sound (presently Seattle University) School of Law, Tacoma, WA, cum laude, juris doctor. December 1992.
- Columbia University, Columbia College, New York, NY, Bachelor of Arts in English. May, 1990.
Other Relevant Legal Experience
Arbitrator, Kitsap County Superior Court. 2008-present. Preside over arbitrations and enter written rulings resolving disputed issues. Mr. Weaver has presided over approximately 20 arbitrations.
Candidate for Washington State Court of Appeals. 2012. Received the endorsement of over 25 Court of Appeals, Superior Court, District Court, Municipal Court and Tribal Court judges.
President, Kitsap County Bar Association, 2016-present
- Chaired the Law Day Ceremony commemorating Fourteenth Amendment, 2017
- Speaker at seminar on Discovery issues, 2016
- Member of Board of Trustees, 2013-present
Washington Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (WACDL), 1994-present
- Co-Chair of Amicus Curiae Committee, 2015-present
- Board of Trustees, 2005-2014
- Public Defense Committee, 2010-2014
- Speaker at seminar on Discovery Issues, 2015
- Speaker at seminar on Sex Offenses, 2013Speaker at seminar “Making the Case for Innocence”, 2011
- Speaker at seminar on Sex Offenses, 2010
- Speaker at seminar on Domestic Violence, 2007
- Speaker at seminar on Appellate Issues, 2007
- Testified numerous times before Washington legislature, 2005-present